Sunday, June 11, 2006

pxl vision interview

Day162

http://www.cafepress.com/pxlvision?PID=4370506 is one of Randy’s sites.

1. What drew you to opening an online store? Were you in a related field?

I was always drawn to having my own t-shirt line. I thought it would be great as a test to see if my designs were good enough for retail. With the ease of CafePress.com it made it all the easier to start up too. I have been in the graphic design field for 6-7 years, so that obviously helped to make my own designs rather than pay someone to do them for me.

2. When did you open your store?

I opened my store, Fluo, on November 2005

3. What is harder about doing this then you thought it would be?

The marketing. Oh boy is it harder than what I thought. Anyone can have a site, but it takes something more, something special to keep him or her there and or buying something.

4. What do you like best about being an online shopkeeper?

Not just having my designs on shirts and such, but also customizing the shop to my liking and showing that I am not just limited to simple little designs.

5. During the very first month, what do you wish you had known then that you do now?

How hard the marketing is.

6. Could you share some of the marketing you've tried so far (on or off line) and what has worked and what hasn't?

Well I am using myspace.com for advertising and it has gone great. I have met people that I wouldn't have if I saw them on the street. And from that I also am starting to collaborate with bands to push my designs as well. Featuring shirts on the artists and sponsoring events. It has all worked really well.

7. What other sites, blogs, etc. do you have if any?

I also have another CafePress shop, it is HDP Tees at http://www.cafepress.com/hdptees?PID=4370506 for adult humor and just funny tees that don't fit in with my Fluo line. There is also a Fluo blog as well http://thefluo.blogspot.com/. And I also do freelance graphic design at pxl-vision.com (site under construction).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home