Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Some days it just doesn’t pay

Day346
Yesterday I started working on my Spring Break 2007 line and was really moving along adding products to my Back to School section. (Which I may have to rename to be more generic college now that I think about it. If anyone has an idea for a name for that section, feel free to leave a comment.)

Anyway, all of a sudden I couldn’t upload and then CaféPress’s site went down. I did other online things for the rest of the night, but although the site was up this morning, I still couldn’t upload. I was out most of today and evening, but it is no better tonight.

From the forums I learned CafePress suffered a DOS attack. According to Webopedia this is: Short for denial-of-service attack, a type of attack on a network that is designed to bring the network to its knees by flooding it with useless traffic.

It’s really messed things up and pretty much killed productivity for a couple million shopkeepers.

This is definitely not one of the joys of online store ownership!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home