Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Designs by Joan interview

Day122
Today we’re looking at: http://www.cafepress.com/designsbyjoan?pid=4370506

1.What drew you to opening an online store? Were you in a related field?

I am a professional graphic designer and illustrator and wanted somewhere to post my original designs.

2.When did you open your store?

Last summer, I think

3.What is harder about doing this then you thought it would be?

It's just time consuming loading up new designs and keeping it fresh.

4.What do you like best about being an online shopkeeper?

I finally have a place to post my art!

5.During the very first month, what do you wish you had known then that you do now?

How to tag files and to go ahead and get a premium shop.

6.Could you share some of the marketing you’ve tried so far (on or off line) and what has worked and what hasn’t?

I've only done word of mouth and have sent out two newsletters. I think the newsletters are great if you can get people to sign up for them.

7.What other sites, blogs, etc. do you have if any?

None at this moment.

Nancy’s comment – Check out Joan’s custom birthday designs. You can either put your name on or someone else’s for a gift. I also really like her Graduation 2006 design, her house warming gifts and think her “Woman scorned” section is pretty fun. Joan’s got creative ideas and she’s good artist.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home