Sunday, March 12, 2006

Small business poll

Day69
I saw this poll on About.com’s Small Business site:

Poll Results

About Poll
What's the best thing about running a home-based business?

Being able to set your own schedule.
42%

Not having to commute anywhere.
14%

Being your own boss.
18%

Being able to work in jammies or jeans if you feel like it.
12%

Being able to spend more time with family.
12%

I had to laugh at the setting your own schedule one. Almost daily I will see one little thing to “tweak” and end up an hour later still messing with it. I’ve always been a huge list maker. I actually have lists of lists. I remember when I had my daughter and was on maternity leave from my then full time job, I couldn’t believe how the day escaped me! And I felt like I was getting so little done that I had planned! My mom said, “Just list one thing, then list “baby”, then list another thing, then “baby” etc. etc.”

That’s the way it is with a small business. It needs lots of your time. Anything else you get done is bonus!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home