Tuesday, May 23, 2006

April Marie Mai interview

Day142
April Marie Mai
http://www.cafepress.com/april_marie_mai?pid=4370506

1. What drew you to opening an online store? Were you in a related
field?

I am an artist with a degree from the Kansas City Art Institute, and I am constantly making artwork. I love being able to put my art to use in a way that people can easily purchase and enjoy.

2. When did you open your store?

A little over a year ago.

3. What is harder about doing this than you thought it would be?
Marketing is difficult, and I don't market enough. I'd much rather spend my time making things
.
4. What do you like best about being an online shopkeeper?

I love being able to sell things at all hours, and discovering that someone has made a purchase
.
5. During the very first month, what do you wish you had known then
that you do now?


There is a lot of time involved in starting, maintaining, and marketing for an online store.

6. Could you share some of the marketing you've tried so far (on or
off line) and what has worked and what hasn't?


I have an affiliate program available, and that's great, because it's an easy way to pay people to market for me, and an easy way for them to cash in on my products. I've also started placing some online ads, although I haven't seen immediate results from them. I have fun playing with my newsletter. I will be trying out a lot of other things as time goes on.

7. What other sites, blogs, etc. do you have if any?

Main site: http://www.aprilmariemai.com
Blog: http://aprilmarieart.blogspot.com

Nancy’s comments - April Marie has some really pretty designs. I get tired of all the vulgar and anti-Bush type t-shirts on the internet, so I found her site really refreshing. I was especially drawn to the Calm Ornaments section.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home