Friday, May 05, 2006

Zeez interview

Day124
You can get to Zeez’ site two ways:

http://www.cafepress.com/zeez?pid=4370506 or http://www.zeezexpressionz.com?pid=4370506

1. What drew you to opening an online store? Were you in a related field?

I've always wanted to have a business of my own. I'm not in this particular field, but it was always an interest of mine. I found this opportunity when I purchased something from a popular radio broadcast's website who had a small CafePress store and I looked in to it and here I am!

2. When did you open your store?

I opened my store last March 2005.

3. What is harder about doing this then you thought it would be?

The hardest thing of all is getting noticed and marketing your products.

4. What do you like best about being an online shopkeeper?

I love being able to just use my imagination and design whatever I want and the possibilities are endless.

5. During the very first month, what do you wish you had known then that you do now?

I wish I knew more about the software I bought to make my designs and I wish I knew a lot more about marketing. The reason I say that is because when I first bought my software, which is Paint Shop Pro 9, I didn't know one single thing about it. I bought the books like Paint Shop Pro 9 for Dummies and books like that and it did help and it's by trial and error that I finally learned how to do more things with the software and I love it and it's becoming a lot easier to draw up a design.

6. Could you share some of the marketing you’ve tried so far (on or off line) and what has worked and what hasn’t?

What has worked for me so far is just submitting my site to as many free advertising sites that I can. I got a lot of ideas reading the message boards at CafePress and I got a lot of ideas and help with any problems getting my site more shopper friendly as well. I bought some business cards at those sites that offer 250 business cards for the price of shipping. I drop these cards everywhere I go and take them to any kind of sporting event, community event or any place where there's people. Although I'm a fairly new shop, I do make a couple of sales a day, and that seems to really be picking up. What hasn't really worked is paying money for those places that say you can get 30,000 hits if you pay 30 bucks or so. It seems like a spamming plot and most of the places they send it to aren't even legitimate e-mail addresses anyway.

Nancy’s comment - Zeez’ site is like wandering into a mall. She has so many choices! I especially like her huge occupations section and her holiday section. Whether you need an end of the year teacher’s gift, engagement/wedding gifts, birthday or any holiday she has something for everyone.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home