Sunday, May 07, 2006

gmonte interview

Day126
Today’s interview: The Federal City, Annex Online Store http://www.cafepress.com/gmonte34?pid=4370506

1. What drew you to opening an online store?

I have always had a dream to sell my art and designs to the public on a large scale on the Internet. My best friend C.W. Kelley from The Federal City Online Store for which my store is named helped me my first couple of months by paying for my premium store and encouraging me along on my sales.

Were you in a related field?

No not really I'm an amateur artist and was taught by my dad at an early age how to draw and paint.

2. When did you open your store?

July 16, 2005

3. What is harder about doing this then you thought it would be?

The advertising and getting people to my shop to see my designs and hopefully buy them.

4. What do you like best about being an online shopkeeper?

I like the hours. I'm disabled so its alot easier than going out and getting a 9-5 job. My husband has the real job. I can go rest when I feel tired or even take a day off if I want to. And it's my dream to work at home and do designs all day.

5. During the very first month, what do you wish you had known then that you do now?

How to organize my shop for easy navigating for the customers. And how to make it more attractive for the buyer. I also took all my links to other sites off to accept 2 paid sponsors of my store.

6. Could you share some of the marketing you’ve tried so far (on or off line) and what has worked and what hasn’t?

The main thing that has worked for me is free advertising and I made my own business cards. I have 3 businesses that I have them at for customers to pick up: Pizza Inn, Dos Charros, I Love Video. Also I am a member of great t-shirt voting sites which bring me alot of traffic and a few sales as well. I also advertise on MySpace and on my own blog.
What hasn't worked is I have done some paid advertising. I have paid advertising for my t-shirts and in all I have had only one hit so far from it. I think free advertising is best.

7. What other sites, blogs, etc. do you have if any?

I have a FREE Recipe site dedicated to my mother - www.recipes.2ya.com

my yahoo blog is http://360.yahoo.com/gmonte34

MySpace url is www.myspace.com/gmonte34

and my Friends site that helped me along is The Federal City www.cafepress.com/kelleyimages C.W. Kelley

Nancy’s comment – gmonte34 has the cutest alphabet designs! One for every letter. I also like her baby blocks design and in her birthday shop the 1 through 5 year old designs! All of these are great for little kid’s birthdays and also baby showers!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home